Posted by Ross
Mon, 7th Mar 2016
I hope you’re all excited about this announcement, as I certainly am! :)
I’m delighted to be able to tell you that we’ll be bringing the fantastic Japanese open world action game, Way of the Samurai 3 to Steam in the very near future. We’ve had loads of emails asking us to release this one on Steam. In fact, it’s been one of the most requested Steam releases in recent years.
Honour, sacrifice, betrayal… Your choices make you who you are. How will history remember you?
Jump into the sandals of a mysterious lone samurai during Japan’s turbulent Sengoku era, in one of the most atmospheric action RPGs ever created.
Explore the villages, body-strewn battlefields, bandit fortresses, immense castles and local town of Amana, in an open world bustling with a rich cast of colourful characters that you can help, ignore or victimise.
Choose your friends and enemies carefully in a game where every decision has far-reaching consequences, and where finishing the game is just the beginning of your journey…
- The Butterfly Effect – More than 20 different endings. Your every action, no matter how subtle or ludicrous, could set in motion a huge variety of events, allowing for huge replayability. Explore new narrative paths, reveal new allies… and enemies!
- Huge Customization - Craft your own unique weapons from over 200 different parts. Create the ultimate unbreakable weapon to suit your preferred fighting style. Forge lethal swords, spears, pole axes and more outlandish weaponry and discover hundreds of new abilities as you become a true master of each weapon!
- Reward System and Samurai Rating – Your actions and conduct will reward you with Samurai Points and Titles, all of which unlock new game features, customisation options, outfits and accessories. Live as an honourable samurai, wallow in the low life of a bandit or strike your own path! Your choices lead to new endings, strange followers and other unexpected outcomes.
- The Pen Can Be Mightier Than the Sword - Fight your enemies by force or take the diplomatic route, using subtle gestures like the unsheathing of your sword or kowtowing. Featuring an extensive dialogue tree, combo system and much, much more!
As I mentioned in last week’s blog, we’ve been hard at work on the PC port for quite a while now, and we’re not far away from release. We should be starting our closed beta shortly, and assuming everything goes as expected with that then we’ll be ready to announce a release date very soon after. Exciting!
Before I go, I’d just like to say thank you for all your patience while we’ve been teasing our announcement. It’s taken a lot longer than we’d hoped to be able to announce this one, but I’m sure you’ll all agree that it’s been well worth the wait! :)
©Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd. Developed by ACQUIRE Corp. All Rights Reserved. Licensed to and published by Ghostlight Limited
Posted by Daren
Fri, 4th Mar 2016
If you use the Humble Store, then you’ll be pleased to know that Mugen Souls has now joined the other Ghostlight games on the Humble store, and even better there’s an amazing 40% launch discount! With 10% of the price going to a charity of your choice from a database of thousands, this means that not only are you supporting some great causes but you get to save money too.
Mugen Souls features a free-roaming battle map, turn-based combat, and massive amounts of customization and growth to maximize the fun players can have with the game.
Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming about, so be cautious, or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
- Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
- Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
- Duel in Dual Audio: Experience the game in either Japanese or English audio.
- PC Upgrades: Featuring full mouse and keyboard support, gamepad support, Steam achievements, User Interface and major graphical enhancements!
In other news, as you may recall, in last week’s blog we promised that we’d be announcing our next game this week. A Japanese action game. I'm really sorry to have to tell you that we're still awaiting final approval on the announcement from our partners in Japan. As such, we’re unable to make the announcement at this point. It should be ready very soon, so please keep your eye on the blog for more information early next week.
That’s all from me. I’ll be back next week, but until then why not follow us on our Twitter and Facebook pages, our Youtube Channel and our Google + account, where we’ll be posting all the latest news from Ghostlight? You can also follow me on Twitter for a more personal take on all things Ghostlight.
« Older postsNewer posts » * Ghostlight Ltd. cannot be held responsible for the content of any external links
Posted by Ross
Fri, 26th Feb 2016
You might remember the Japanese action game I’ve been talking about for what seems like an eternity now? :) Well, the great news is that I’ve been told that we’ll be able to announce the game early next week.
This has been one of the most requested games recently, and we’ve been receiving loads of emails asking us to release this one on Steam, so I’m really looking forward to telling you all about it next week!
To make this news even better, this game is almost ready for release, so after what should be a short beta, starting almost immediately after the announcement, we should be able to announce a release date for the not too distant future. Yay!
It’s taken us a lot longer than we’d wanted to be in a position to announce this one, so I hope that you’ll all agree that it’s been worth the wait come next week. See you all then. :)