Posted by Ross
Thu, 7th Mar 2019
Hi everyone. In my previous blog I mentioned that we’d added some improvements for the Nintendo Switch version of OMG Zombies! so I thought I’d talk you through the tweaks we’ve made, making it a far better experience for you all.
1) SNIPER SCOPE: A sniper scope view to zoom in on the action and make more precise shots - hold down the ZL button to make scoped shots.
2) TARGET HIGHLIGHT: On more crowded levels, it could sometimes be difficult to identify which zombie had been targeted so we’ve added a highlighter - the zombie that is currently targeted now has a glowing red outline.
3) TOUCH CONTROL: Touch control has been adjusted and features the new scoped view by default. We’ve also offset the scope to allow you to see what’s under your finger. Releasing your touch takes a shot. Release on empty space cancels your shot.
4) FAST FORWARD: This new feature reduces the waiting time for those last remaining zombies to align! Press and hold the Fast Forward icon to run at 2x speed. Double or triple press and hold to run at 4x or 8x speed.
5) RESTART: An instant restart is mapped to the [-] button. This is another nice quality of life feature to improve farming for better start positions or barrel locations.
6) MANUAL: We’ve added an in-game manual to the Options menu.
7) TUTORIALS: We’ve added ‘Restart Tutorials’ to the Options menu in case you missed reading one first time around.
8) PRESTIGE: We’ve reduced the maximum number of prestige levels to a far more reasonable 3, as 20 was *probably* a bit too high!
Posted by Ross
Thu, 28th Feb 2019
OMG! Alert! Alert!
OMG Zombies! Is an awesome reimagining of a genuine classic: the critically acclaimed OMG-Z, a top-ten all-time Metacritic rated PSP game and ranked as Metacritic’s best action title ever released on PSP! Now you can get in on the action, when OMG Zombies! unleashes its undead apocalypse on the Nintendo Switch this spring.
The City of Redfield has been hit by an outbreak of exploding zombies! For cool and unimportant reasons these suckers literally explode when shot, showering their zombie brethren with gore and causing chain reactions of showering zombie gibs with just a single bullet!
As a lone cop armed only with bare wit, a large-calibre sniper rifle and bullets coated in a zombie-exploding pathogen, you are the last man standing at the epicentre of a zombie outbreak. Your mission? To succeed where the police and army failed by clearing the streets of 8 different strains of bloodthirsty zombies and stop Armageddon in its tracks!
Use your sharpshooting skills to vanquish 100 branching levels of zombie hell across 40 unique environments in this hugely addictive chain reaction shooter. Earn 400 shiny medals and cold hard cash to buy 100 different upgrades, all designed to MAKE THOSE ZOMBIES EXPLODE!
So, make sure you take this chance to see what made this gore fueled chain reaction shooter the game you just couldn’t put down!
Not only does the Switch version include all the new upgrades from the PC and PS Vita versions of the game, but we’ve also made lots of awesome tweaks further improving the experience, all of which will be revealed in a future blog post.
OMG-Z, the original PSP version of OMG Zombies! received some stunning reviews:
Gaming Nexus gave it 9.5/10 saying “OMG-Z is a simple masterpiece, the kind of game that sticks with you long after the ending cinema. Part action game and part puzzler, OMG-Z is one of the best games I've played this year!”
Eurogamer awarded it 9/10 and said: “A monstrously addictive quick-fire affair that utterly nails what on-the-go handheld gaming should be about.”
PlayStation Official Magazine UK awarded gave it 80% calling it: “more addictive than shelling pistachios.”
PocketGamer awarded it 4 Stars and said: “Laughing Jackal's latest offers challenge and depth in its mechanics, bottling the chaos of a zombie outbreak in a smartly designed puzzler.”
Meanwhile, Critical Indie Gamer looked at the PC version of OMG Zombies and said: “OMG-Zombies! is a bloody orgy of viscera and strategy that engages and rewards your tasty, tasty brain. If you only get bitten by one zombie game this year, this one comes highly recommended.”
Posted by Ross
Tue, 5th Feb 2019
Hi everyone. The Lunar New Year has come again, and with it another fantastic Steam Sale. So if you’ve Spent January regretting not getting any of our games for Christmas, now is the perfect opportunity to make up for it.
During this year's Lunar New Year Sale, players will receive a one-time automatic $5 (or equivalent currency) discount on qualifying purchases over $30 -- this is limited to one cart purchase per account.
On top of that, buying games during the sale will earn you tokens that may be redeemed for Steam rewards at the Rewards Booth. You can exchange your tokens for a shiny profile page, emotes, badges, and more instant discount coupons! These tokens will expire once the Lunar New Year Sale ends.
Lost Dimension (regular price $24.99) has a 60% discount (DLC discounted by 50%)
Omega Quintet (regular price $29.99) has a 60% discount (DLC discounted by 50%)
Mugen Souls (regular price $19.99) has a 75% discount (DLC discounted by 50%)
Mugen Souls Z (regular price $19.99) has a 70% discount (DLC discounted by 50%)
Flame Over (regular price $11.99) has an 80% discount
Cubixx HD (regular price $8.99) has an 80% discount
I’m sure you’ll agree that these are some fantastically good deals, so make sure you get your hands on these amazing games before the sale ends on the 11th February!
That’s all for now, I’ll be back soon but until then why not follow us on our Twitter and Facebook pages, our Youtube Channel and our Instagram account, where we’ll be posting all the latest news from Ghostlight You can also follow me on Twitter for a more personal take on all things Ghostlight.